Friday, October 5, 2012

Week 1

Los Angeles is a prime example of a global city, meaning it is full of different ethnicity's, mainly immigrants from poorer countries. Although I was raised in the Los Angeles area my whole life, I do not think of it in such a way. The reason why i think Los Angeles is unequal in wealth and properties is because each city is home to people who make somewhat the same amount of income.



My name is Alberto Flores and I was raised in West Covina CA for most part of my life. West Covina is a city about 20 miles east of Downtown LA located in the San Gabriel Valley. I am taking this class because I plan on doing a minor in Geography and this class specifically gives me an opportunity to go out to the different regions of Los Angeles and try to see how the same city can be so different just a few miles down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment